Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Fall in Florida

While most of you are starting to don your hoodies and coats, we are finally getting a reprieve from the heat here in Florida. And its fun to experience a new kind of autumn. We also had a few wonderful visitors (and welcome anyone and everyone). Check out below....



Darren and I taking a stab at paddle-boarding - loved it!

Infamous "Robert is Here" fruit stand and shake shop for THE BEST key lime shakes ever
with Grandma Voss. And yes those are green, raw, unhusked coconuts in the background.

First fishing trip at the Long's house (a great family in our church congregation that opened their arms to us)


Alligator at Everglades National Park (10 minutes from the shake shop in Homestead, Florida - top of the Florida Keys)

Halloween at Aunt Becky's - it was so dang hot, the twins were sweating in the costumes, so you don't get the full "cuteness" effect. But it was just fun to walk the neighborhood together:)

The only milli-second Justin wore his whole costume

I was asked to do a face-painting booth at the church's trunk or treat party (Jared just got a gecko on his cheek). So I dressed up as a gypsy and gave our fortunes for the adults too. Pretty fun!

Ominous Darth Vader and the most beautiful snow princess you have ever seen (think Lion, Witch & Wardrobe)

Great friend of ours, Gary Murray, from the good old Lehman Days. He is also the mastermind for the annual rim-to-rim hikes at the Grand Canyon, which we sadly missed this year. We loved catching up with him and doing dinner on the beach!

Just gotta get buried in the sand when you go to the beach!

Grandpa and Andi (and Precious down by Grandpa's leg) in a "drive-by" visit

U-pick Pumpkin Patch for Darren's birthday

Visit by the beautiful Aunt Sarah!


Yet another nature preserve trail we explored one weekend. This one had so many spider webs strung across the trail we ended up using sticks to probe ahead of us, so as to not inadvertently run into one. There is a huge banana spider at the top of this one, kind of brown/orange - just nasty! We did not destroy the web just so you know, went "under" this one.

2 comments:

  1. Nicole- You are amazing!!! I am not so sure I could handle Florida. I am amazed at how much fun you and your family have together. One thing I will say is that you have convinced me that I do not EVER want to live there. TOOOOOO many creepy crawly things for me. I would panic, and those spiders, they are HUGE!!!!! Bring on the desert cockroaches any day!!!

    I am glad that you are updating. I love it.
    Have a great Thanksgiving.
    Stephanie Matthews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole- I'm so happy to see what you guys are up to! I can't believe that you guys are in FL now. Your family is so beautiful.
    xo- Melissa Puente

    ReplyDelete